Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
AS POSTED ON RAVELRY:
Ok, hi everybody-- sorry about the product hiatus of late; things have been busy (and continue to be) on both a personal and business level. My DH had been on a business trip since July 18th and has returned home recently for a brief 2-3 weeks. So unfortunately, I do not foresee many shop updates
in the immediate future.
I can say with some certainty that it appears that the "All Hallows
Eve" sock kits were a success. I look forward very much to seeing what everyone makes with them. It was also a treat for me to make the little notion pouches; I had been an avid quilter before starting FFtC, and it was a "warm fuzzy" to revisit my sewing machine. ;)
Here's a look at the upcoming events for FFtC:
- I have invoiced the "Socks of the Bard" and "Time Machine" club members today for their October shipments. It's time to get the ball rolling on the next set of colorways, already! :)
- I have recently filled all outstanding custom order requests, so if you have made a custom order please check my Etsy shop or convo me with further questions.
- I have 4 more colorways to release for the limited series: "Horrors of History: Torture Through the Ages." I want to get these out fairly soon in time for October, so keep an eye out if you are interested. Again, these colorways are 1 hank, OOAKs and they'll be listed unannounced, first-come-first-serve. Still to be released are: "Scold's Bridel," "Brazen Bull," Heretic's Fork," and "Judas Pyramid."
- I will be adding two new original colorways to the shop soon. These are "Cherry Streusel" (gearing up for fall yummies!), and "Hagrid's Pumpkin Patch." The latter will be a primary/complimentary combo so that there will be a majority of yardage in the rich pumpkin colors, and a mini hank in the contrasting dark greens used for contrasting heels and toes, or whatever. Please convo me if you are interested in either colorway as I only plan to make one of each as I normally do. :)
- And for the big announcement-- I have TWO NEW ORIGINAL LIMITED SERIES TO DEBUT!!!
- "The Feminine Mystique" will be a set of nine self-striping colorways based on female traits/wiles. ;) Colorways will be "Flirtatious," "Virtuous," Dignified," "Romantic," etc. Unless I receive requests for theses, I only plan to make one of each, so grab them quick! ;) I will post again when they are ready.
- "True Blood"--this one I'm over the moon about! :) I've recently started watching the new HBO series based on the "Southern Vampire" series by Charlaine Harris, and reading the "Sookie Stackhouse" books, too, and I am HOOKED! I actually read both of the first two books in a 30 hour marathon read last week!! I will be releasing colorways inspired by the characters from this mythology in the merino/silk base and lace weights. So there will be approximately 440 yds of fingering weight yarn per character in the merino silk. I'm still working on the lace weight stats. I, myself, am planning to make a "Shetland Triangle" shawl in the "Sookie Stackhouse" colorway in the merino/silk as a knit-along with my friend Chrissy, who is also test knitting the colorway. I also want to make an "Icarus Shawl" with the "Bill Compton" colorway in lace weight. Again, I will base yarn production on interest for these colorways. Here's a picture collage of the first colorway, "Sookie Stackhouse":