Monday, February 25, 2008

Fawkes Socks and new arrivals





   I cast on some Fawkes socks yesterday and I'm about ready to start the heel on the first sock already! Woo-hoo! The colorway is a lot prettier in person; photos don't do it justice. At first I wasn't crazy about the texture, (it's no supersock merino, thats for sure), but I'm warming up to it. The stitch definition is a little better in this sock. 
   Additionally, I received 2 of my recent Ravelry yarn orders. I have 2 hanks of Lorna's Laces in the Bee Stripe colorway for making some rad Hufflepuff socks, and a hank of CTH supersock merino in the water colorway, because I just can't get enough of this amazing yarn and it was a killer-sweet deal! 
*update: I have finished all but the toe of the first Fawkes sock and am half-way done with the leg of the second. I hope to turn the heel first thing tomorrow :)

No comments: