Monday, February 4, 2008

Works in Progress






Here's what I've been up to lately. I've kinda got myself stretched thin between 3 projects, and I don't typically work on more than one-at-a-time. I crochet the ripple afghan I'm calling "In the Corn Field" when I need a break from the more tedious work of knitting or hand-quilting. Which leads me to the other two projects. I started these socks over Christmas break and they've been an on-again-off-again project. The quilt project is a wall-hanging I've been wanting to tackle since last summer. It's a free pattern I found in the projects section of Debbie Mumm's website. It's machine pieced and will be entirely hand-quilted. I've got most of the center done, unfortunately the multiple layers means I have had to use the stab method. I look forward to the outer areas which should go a lot quicker. I even found adorable little buttons to add to the "delectable mountains" blocks with bears, trees, etc.! The one cool thing that ties all these projects together is that I get to actually keep them all! I haven't received any new orders lately, so I have been afforded the opportunity to relax and get some of my own stuff done....

2 comments:

Shawna said...

yeah, uh...when i do decide to crochet, i know who i'l be asking for help!

Squibstitcher said...

Thanks! ;) Just for you, I'll post a pic of "Russ". He's the Lion's Brand crochet pattern I think you were talking about. Zach claimed and named him.